Professional Method of Settling Retaining Wall Blocks – Part 2
In the previous blog, we have discussed on the initial steps of installing retaining wall blocks in Oklahoma City, abiding by the rules and regulations and your needs and preferences. It’s time to discuss the rest so that you can be acquainted with the process that your professionals follow.
The next steps are onward…
5. After setting the blocks, the retaining wall blocks in Oklahoma City need to be swept thoroughly. The existence of any small pebble can make a difference to the alignment. The crooked block because pebbles will affect the rest badly. The look will be spoilt causing an unattractive hump if the blocks are not swept properly.
6. Pay attention to the drainage system. After stacking few of the rows, the professionals backfill the wall with rocks. It is done to match the grades height in front of the wall. They lay down the perforated drain tile after that on the top of the rock. Depending on the rainwater, they cut down the block for the drain gate. The tiles parts of the drain are screwed to prevent them falling apart.
7. If the wall is built beside the hill, the base course needs to be continued up to the top of the second course that meets the level of the grade. After that, the second base course is started. The option of excavation and laying the lowest course before preparing the trench can be better. The professionals choose pinned blocks as these have the capacity to work together better. The blocks are then cut according to the shape. For cutting the blocks, the pros use soapstone pencil so that it wouldn’t be visible after the placing.
8. For the tiered retaining walls, each tier needs to the set far; this helps prevent the weight and pressure of the wall. Depending on the bottom of the wall, the full height is decided. If the bottom is four ft, the wall above the ground is to be built eight ft tall. The joints are always made tight so that the pathways of water can be blocked to save the wall from speedy decaying.
9. Once the wall is on the process, the professionals make sure that the stones are used as backfill. Backfill is needed to give the wall a support from both side and also for strengthening the base. About eight to ten inches of space is used for backfilling.
10. The taller the wall is the more it needs a proficient engineer for the design and structure. Call a proficient engineer if you are on your way to install a taller wall.
These steps are followed by the professionals and they know how to implement the same. If a novice tries to follow the steps without much skill, it may end up spoiling the structure. You can rely on the ADC Hardscapes for the professional help who know how to install a durable, nice-looking structure surrounding your home with retaining wall blocks in Oklahoma City.