Professional Method of Settling Retaining Wall Blocks – Part 2
In the previous blog, we have discussed the initial steps of installing retaining wall blocks in Oklahoma City, abiding by the rules and regulations and your needs and preferences. It’s time to discuss the rest so that you can be well acquainted with the process that your professionals follow.
The next steps are onward…
5. After setting the blocks, the retaining wall blocks in Oklahoma City need to be swept thoroughly. The existence of any small pebble can make a difference to the alignment as it will make the blocks crooked. The look will be completely spoilt if the blocks are not swept properly.
6. Pay attention to the drainage system. After stacking a few of the rows, the professionals backfill the wall with rocks. This done to match the grades height in front of the wall. They lay down the perforated drain tile after that on the top of the rock. Depending on the rainwater, they cut down the block for the drain gate. The tile parts of the drain are screwed to prevent them falling apart.
7. If the wall is built beside the hill, the base course needs to be continued up to the top of the second course that meets the level of the grade. After that, the second base course is started. The option of excavation and laying the lowest course before preparing the trench can be better in this situation. The professionals choose pinned blocks as they have the capacity to work together better. The blocks are then cut according to the shape. For cutting the blocks, the pros use a soapstone pencil so that it won’t be visible after placement.
8. For tiered retaining walls, each tier needs to be set far enough apart to prevent the weight and pressure of the wall pushing the lower level over. Depending on the bottom of the wall, the full height is decided. If the bottom is four ft, the wall above the ground is to be built eight ft tall. The joints are always made tight so that the pathways of the water can be blocked to save the wall from speed decaying.
9. Once the wall is in process, the professionals make sure that stones are used as backfill. Backfill is needed to give the wall a support from both side and also for strengthening the base. About eight to ten inches of space is used for backfilling.
10. The taller the wall, the more it needs a proficient engineer for the design and construction. Call a proficient engineer if you are aiming to install a taller wall.
These steps are followed by the professionals and they know how to implement correctly. If a novice tries to follow these steps without the proper skillset, it may end up spoiling the structure. You can rely on ADC Hardscapes for professional help. They know how to install a durable, nice-looking structure with retaining wall blocks in Oklahoma City.